Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Best Crock Pot Beef Stew

Yes, I know I haven't posted in FOREVER! My family might say I haven't been cooking a lot lately and this is partly true. But I'm posting now with an excellent recipe to cook all day in the crock pot. It is so easy and so yummy. My family ate this several times and didn't even complain about having so much leftover!

The Best Crock Pot Beef Stew
2.5 - 3 pounds beef stew meat
5-6 carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
5-6 small potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
2 cups frozen peas
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 12 ounce can of tomato sauce
2 cups red wine
1 Tablespoon rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except the peas in a crock pot; it is not necessary to brown the meat beforehand. Stir to distribute the seasonings. Cook on High for about 4 hours then turn to low and cook for another 3-4 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, remove some liquid and whisk in 1-2 tablespoons flour, return to the crock pot and stir; add the peas and let cook for another 30 minutes. Serve with warm French bread or cornbread and a salad. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment